|Sitting on a back field during a storm. Fun panoramic, those light rays are Lightning.|
"I'm going to be turning thirty." It would be a lie if I said it never had the thought that, "I may be turning thirty soon." But it never stuck and I shut it down because I knew I would soon be turning thirty. Which isn't something that collectively, we ever thought would happen.
It's bizarre to realize and difficult to explain, but it never occurred to me (or many of my parts) that I would able to one day say that and then achieve it. My life has been full of contradictions, chaos and some fuckin terrifying horrible shit at times, but here we are. Thirty.
Over the last several months I've been trying to determine what it is that I, myself, want in life. My parts and I are working on this together...We put together this comprehensive list of things I want in my thirties...
- A home. An actual home. For my husband and I, as well as my parts. A place we can feel safety and consistency. We've lived many places, but never felt "at home."
- I want to become fluent in a second language. Only the conversational aspects of it, but still I want to be able to communicate conversationally and am looking forward to it.
- Master a new recipe
- Get my passport
- Plan a trip to another country & go!
- Make an entire head to toe outfit from scratch.
- Plant a tree at the aforementioned house.
- Finish and publish at least one book.
- Save more money than we spend
- Begin and complete an online course (Cus we enjoy learning)
- Work on our relationship with my husband
- Road trip to a city I, myself, have never been and explore it properly.
- Read 300 books from age 30-before my 40th birthday.
- Better my physical health, if at all possible finally get health insurance.
- Continue working as a mental health advocate & book more speaking engagements.
- Paint one mural per year, at least 8ft. x 12ft.
- Keep a daily Journal noting the good, bad, ugly and mundane things that occur each day of life in my 30's.
- Run/walk a marathon for a cause, instead of photographing the event.
- Attend a cities Comic-Con
- Go paintballing or to a rage event. (Destruction because it's needed at times)
- Join a group that meets face-to-face. i.e. Book, photo or mental health club/group.
- Cook & host a three-five course proper dinner party.
- Publish one article, essay or short story every year in a national magazine/paper.
- Make my own DIY piece of furniture.
- Get the tattoos we want. (Grandmother's memorial piece, friendship ink, Diabetes & DID Awareness pieces and Phoenix Bug's portrait)
- Make homemade Tiramisu
- Take one photo per day for 10 years (Typically do this anyways) & Print in a series of consecutive photo albums.
- See another Broadway Musical.
- Weekly act of kindness for a stranger. (Thank you notes, paying for the customer behind me in line)
- Before my 40th, find and pay off someone's medical bills who are in need
|Age 23 or 24|
|Age 24 or 25...|
|Age-17, maybe 18...|
|My husband & I- age 24.|
|Joplin, MO. Where a residential area once was.|